Your privacy is important to me
Who I am:
Harley Cavendish Clinic Ltd. registered in the UK (Company Number 12668294) and Peter H Fowler, Couple and Family Therapist in private practice based at 1 Harley Street and 85 Wimpole Street, London, United Kingdom and online. My website address is https://peterfowler.com.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it:
I am committed to keeping your personal information safe and being clear about how I collect your data, how I store it and what I do with it.
Counselling services governed by this policy include my enquiry form and follow-up calls, face-to-face, telephone and webcam (using ZOOM) counselling services. However, additional confidentiality statements apply to direct services with children, young people and their families.
This privacy notice, along with my website terms and conditions and my cookies policy lets you know how I collect, use and keep your personal information safe.
By email: admin at peterfowler dot com
What information do I collect about you?
The information you give to me directly:
I collect and store information that you give me when you do the following things on our website(s):
- Register for a newsletter or other communication
- Register for a workshop, online course or training
- Submit a new Client Information Form
- Submit a Therapy Agreement and Consent Form
- Request a Consultation
- Make an enquiry using the Contact form or via email
- Buy products online
- Take a quiz
- Complete a survey
- Give me feedback or make a complaint
The information you give to me indirectly:
I store data about your visits to my website, for example, your location data or IP address. I store information about how you navigate my website, although this cannot be used to personally identify you.
I may also collect and store your personal information if you interact with me on my social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. This will depend on your own privacy settings on these individual channels, so make sure you check these first.
Depending on what you do on my website, I may collect and store personal information including, but not limited to your name, email address, location, date of birth, mobile or telephone number, relationship status, relationship and family history, gender, sexual orientation, financial details, credit/debit card information, details about your education and career.
Certain types of personal information are recognised by data protection law as being more ‘sensitive’. So things like sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, religious or political opinion, data concerning your health (mental or physical) or your sex life fall into this category.
I will only collect sensitive information like this which informs the provision of the service to you. Whenever I do this, I will state clearly at the time, why this information is required.
If you’re a young person aged 13 or under you must get the permission of your parent/guardian before providing me with any personal information.
How do I use your personal information?
I will use your personal information to do the following:
- Provide you with information, products or services you’ve requested or that I feel might be of interest to you.
- Make my marketing campaigns more targeted and relevant to potential clients and donors; I will only send you marketing information if you have given me specific consent to do.
- Respond to direct requests where you contact me with a query – I will use your personal information to respond.
- Carry out general administrative tasks like dealing with complaints and feedback, essential record-keeping and payment processing.
- Transact: I will use your personal information to take payments from you when processing orders and payments for goods and services.
- Keep you safe: in the event that I reasonably think you (or someone else) are at risk of serious harm or abuse.
- Conduct polls, surveys and market research: I may invite you to take part so that I can improve my website, services and/or strategic development.
- Monitoring and evaluation: I use your personal information to inform and develop my service delivery.
- Improve your experience of my website, so that I may offer you a more user-friendly navigation of my website.
- Profiling and analysis: I will use your personal information to help me better target communications so that you are more likely to receive communications relevant to your interests.
For how long will I keep your personal information?
I am committed to retaining your personal information for no longer than necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was first collected. I may hold some types of data for up to seven years.
In the case of financial transactions, I will keep your personal information for as long as legally required in respect of tax or accounting purposes, which could be anything up to six years after a transaction has taken place.
Do you share my information with anyone else?
I will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was obtained in the first place. I won’t share it with any third parties and you won’t receive any communications from other organisations.
However, there are two very explicit ways in which your data might be shared:
- In the event that I use third-party suppliers to help deliver my services, including but not limited to; managing backend website administration and technical operations; sending and receiving email; processing forms and newsletter registrations and electronic delivery via email; scheduling appointments and managing calendars; booking and confirming charges and processing payments. Such third-party suppliers include but are not limited to; independent web development contractors; virtual assistants; Zoom; Fastmail; Spark email; Fluent Forms; Fluent CRM; Fantastical; SetMore; Google Calendar; Squareup and ThirveCart.
- Where I am legally bound to disclose your personal information, for example, to further a criminal investigation or to keep you safe if I believe you (or someone else) is at risk of serious harm or abuse.
Keeping your personal information safe:
I have both digital and operational safeguards to make sure your data is secure.
All my online web forms are protected by secure end-to-end encryption. Where we pass highly sensitive data over the internet such as credit or debit card details, I use TLS to encrypt data between the client and our partners.
I am PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant and use PCI-compliant providers (Squareup) to collect this data on my behalf; we don’t store this data on our own systems.
There are inherent risks to passing information over public networks and I cannot 100% guarantee the security of data handled in this way.
My web servers are located at data centres in the UK and managed by KINSTA.
Your rights and managing your own data:
You have the right to request access to the personal information that I store and process about you. You can ask for corrections to be made to the information I hold or for your personal information to be deleted. You can also ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information or to object to the processing of it altogether.
I will not charge you for either considering or complying with a request unless it is deemed to be excessive in nature. I will ask you for proof of identity and upon this being successfully verified, you are entitled to obtain the following information about your personal information:
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data.
- The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you.
- The categories of personal data stored about you.
The recipients (or categories of recipients) to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients.
The envisaged period of storage for your personal data or the rationale for determining the storage period.
The use of any automated decision-making and/or profiling
If you’d like to make a request relating to any of the rights above, please send a request by emailing admin at peterfowler dot com
How to make a complaint
If you’re unhappy with my response, you may then raise your concern directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF UNITED KINGDOM.
Alternatively, you can visit the ICO website.
My Privacy Notice may change from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to see if I have included any updates or changes and that you are happy with them.
(Last updated: 04 August 2023)
Cookies are little text files downloaded by and stored on your device (phone, laptop, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website. Cookies are used to help the website owner to provide you with a smooth experience while you browse.
- Make my website work more effectively
- Collect anonymous data to gain insight into how visitors use my website
- Help me show advertisements about my services to those people who might be interested in them
- Allow you to share content with social networks like Twitter and Facebook.